Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Telling my 10 year old I'm having brain surgery

We told Dante last week I was having brain surgery. Here's what a 10 year old worries about. He said with a tear in his eye, "I hope they don't damage your hippocampus. I'm scared you might not be you." For the rest of us, the hippocampus is a part of your brain that is known for storing memories. Kids are so deep. I assured him they are not going near the hippocampus. He had a sense of relief. He's also looking forward to Friday mainly because it's the day a new Kendama is coming in the mail. Go figure, kids can hold both things at the same time in their hearts and minds. This is a crazy experience. Thanks again to all of you for your love and support, all the little and big stuff has really been making a difference. Hugs! Friday is the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment